|AT&T Transfer Services FAQ
|"What are the responsibilities of an employee to participate in ATS?"|
|Answer: ATS is a voluntary program that requires your active participation in order to be effective. You must therefore be aware that the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:|
· Determining your eligibility to participate in ATS
· Initiating a request for an ATS/ARS Employee Profile
· Verifying all the personal data on the profile and updating or correcting information
· Maintaining a copy of the profile for future reference
· Requesting and reviewing job briefs to determine the duties and requirements, especially tests and skills
· Initiating placement requests for current or future jobs
· Responding to job offers within two (2) business days after the date of the initial offer
· Paying any costs or expenses associated with voluntary relocation under ATS career placement, if you are not surplus
· Completing and forwarding a Recall Interest Form to your staffing office if you are laid off and eligible for Recall
· Requesting to be tested, if required, for a job of interest. Testing should be requested well in advancement of a job advertisement.
The ATS/ARS Service Center is available to help you with the above requirements. They can be reached at 1-800-662-6629, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 8pm, Eastern Time. TDD users may call 1-800-258-1124 and speak to a Service Center representative.